Ockerman Automation Consulting, Inc. (OAC) is a recognized industry leader for providing innovative, customized design solutions in key areas such as new build and conversions of hybrid and electric vessels.
OAC is seeking Marine Project Managers to join our dynamic team of highly skilled and dedicated engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers and analysts for the defense and commercial markets.
Location: Newport News, VA
Salary Range: $100,000 – $140,000 (based on education and experience)
Compensation package includes: Paid Time Off, 100% Employer Covered Health/Dental/Vision Plans, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Work Environment, Telework
Ockerman Automation Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Marine Project Manager
The Marine Project Manager will develop project plans and deliverables, direct all project phases and act as the primary contact on marine design and engineering projects for the company.
• Coordinates staffing for each phase of the project; obtains approval and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project team members and/or subcontractors.
• Confers with project staff to outline work plan and assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority; motivates and directs project team members and subcontractors to take positive action to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget; provides or facilitates technical advice and problem resolution support.
• Defines and creates project plans considering time frame, funding limitations, staffing requirements, regulations, resource availability and customer contractual requirements.
• Acts as liaison between customer, project staff, subcontractors, vendors, and internal company personnel.
• Manages development of project execution strategy including planning, vessel selection, vessel modification, vendor, and subcontractor support and contractual requirements.
• Ensures company performance against contractual commitments with customer and ensures customer satisfaction with projects of low to moderate complexity and risk.
• Follows established processes for monitoring and integrating all project elements and communications concerning changed management processes and decisions.
• Coordinates operational aspects and ensures communications to align on project delivery criteria.
• Uses financial reporting and other performance measures to develop/modify project plans to mitigate risk.
• Negotiates small to medium project or contract changes and incorporates changes into project control systems to maintain work statements, cost, and schedule baselines.
• Ensures all projects adhere to project methodology compliance standards set by the company.
• Tracks project deliverables and prepares project reports for management or customers to ensure appropriate project cadence.
• Evaluates project upon close-out and documents lessons learned.
• Knowledge of the maritime industry required.
• Understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and techniques.
• Proven project management track record driving projects to 100% completion, on schedule and to company/customer satisfaction.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
• Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a focus on the ability to communicate technical/complex information to non-technical people.
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills to effectively interact with customers, team members, subcontractors, etc.
• Ability to work with confidential and classified information.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Project or related software.
Education and Experience:
• BS degree in Marine Engineering, Naval Architecture, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, science & technology or equivalent.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in project management field.
• Working towards a Project Management Professional Certification a plus.
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. DoD PCL throughout employment required.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
• Must be able to travel.
Location: Newport News, VA
Reports to: CEO & Technical Director
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year